Homepage Forums Announcements Goosettes: Mongoose Raid Team

This topic contains 16 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nanostal Nanostal 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alaunus
    Alaunus
    Participant

You may have heard the rumours.

You may have even dismissed them as poppycock.

Let me assure you: the rumours are very, very true.

We are in the process of setting up our very own raidteam again!

For those with enough grey hairs or great memories they will reckognise the name. For those who are fledgling Mongooses chances are you may have heard rumblings about or nothing at all.
    It is hard to believe that at one point in time the Mongooses even had two raid teams. Yes, we did! Scout’s honour!
    Nonetheless to make sure that even in Draenor the Mongooses get the satisfaction of killing the expansion top bad boy we are breathing new life into the “Goosettes” Raid Team of yore.

What does this mean?

The Goosettes was, back in the day, our “B-Team”. It sounds worse than it actually was. It was our “B-Team” because those who were Goosettes back in the day were people who had even less time than our casual “A-Team”. Having to deal with whinging better halves, disturbing cats or children crying because you had to clean their buttocks for the umpteenth time that day. Whatever the reason may have been: people who couldn’t commit to two or three raid days a week.
    In short: people who enjoy the social aspect of tackling raids, have a laugh on voice chat and just, whilst maximizing their raidtime, have a good time. Whether it’s once or, when all the stars align, twice a week at max.
    We were not bad players, we knew our classes and we knew what we could and what we couldn’t. Proof is that the Goosettes killed the Lich King back in the day too. The proper way, the real way.
    That is what we are aiming for in Warlords of Draenor too. Get there, on our tempo, our way and get that ultimate kill to say: “We did it!”

Before we are ready to do so we will need the players.

Are you interested? Then sign up and answer the following questions as a reply!

1) Do you want to become a Goosette, if yes, state your class and spec (+ offspec if you got one) with which you wish to sign up.
    2) What is the best day(s) to raid for you (Raids will always start at 20.30 ST and last till 23.00 ST)?
    3) Can you raid once or twice a week (Take in account that it’ll probably be once a week but if the interest is there for twice, we have to know)?
    4) Do you admit that Dwarves are the master race?

It speaks for itself that we adhere to the Fighting Mongooses raid rules.

Current Raid Team:

Tanks
    Alaunus, Dwarf Protection Paladin

Healers

Damage Dealers

Profile photo of Maxxi
    Maxxi
    Participant

1. Yes please! Frost DK but with tank OS (or hunter or shammy in that order of usefulness)
    2. Wednesday or sometimes Thursday
    3. Once almost definitely maybe twice
    4. Of course they are! (Although in reality I only say that to gain favour with you! Dwarves suck really!)

Profile photo of Noodle
    Noodle
    Participant

1) Would love to raid again! BM Hunter!
    2) My best days to raid are Friday, Saturday and Sunday but I can raid other days if you don’t mind me being late, I don’t finish work till 19:30 ST and by the time I’m home and comfy it’s 21.00 ST.
    3) I can definitely come once, maybe twice, depends on days and such 🙂
    4) Nope, night elves are the best, mwahahaha!

Profile photo of AnniRoo
    AnniRoo
    Participant

1. Definitely! Monk DPS preferably but can bring disc priest heals or a ret pally (not that great at the last two :P)
    2. Weekdays but not fussy on which. My only issue is that every 3 weeks I work 12-8pm (UK time) Monday-Thursday so realistically I wouldn’t be online til around 10pm ST on those days. I’m off work on Fridays those weeks but I realise that wouldn’t fit everybody 🙂
    3. Once or twice works for me
    4. I envy their beards.

Profile photo of Artulla
    Artulla
    Participant

1) yesyesyes. Markeyman hunteyshoot (BUT potentially also a bigbear tank. very low on experience though, so count this as a plan C through to Z)
    2) currently available all the time. subject to change once I get myself re-employed. will update.
    3) either is fine for me.
    4) everyone knows that the dwarves run the show. anyone that thinks otherwise is a heretic and must be cleansed in the holy fire of absolution.

Profile photo of Dentorm
    Dentorm
    Participant

1: Eh, Yes? ofc I’d want to be a Goosette as much as I can be.. Obviously with the Protection warrior mainly with crappy dps on the side. (Or whatever else we might need for that night or what not.)

2: All depends on my schedule, it’s basicly I’m free wed-thur one week and the other mon-tue, fri-sun. And then it alternates each week between them. But if I’m around, I’ll gladly join for sure.

3: Either really, again, it all depends on my schedule.

4: I politely stand down by commenting this question to not further anger the masses.

Lots of love and hugsies
    Dentorm

Profile photo of Izune
    Izune
    Participant

1) Aye, I’d prefer to bring my rogue (DPS ofc) or my priest as shadow. However if the healer situation is horrible I don’t mind bringing whatever is needed (disc priest, resto shammy or resto druid)

2) Tuesday to friday works right now. It varies a bit from week to week with exams atm.
    I’m not sure how my working/living situation is after 1st of july though, but hopefully nothing changes in terms of being able to raid.

3) Once is fine, don’t mind twice once in a while either 🙂

4) Never, and you know it! Gnome powah!

Profile photo of Sallyjo
    Sallyjo
    Participant

1. Yay! Lolret until I die (repeatedly).

2. On most nights – timing depending on 2 monkeys going to bed on time.

3. Either/or.

4. I, for one, welcome our new Dwarvish overlords.

SJ

Profile photo of Alaunus
    Alaunus
    Participant

Taken people’s preferences so far this is the current Raid Team:

Tanks
    Alaunus, PR Paladin

Healers

Damage Dealers
    Maxxi, Frost DK (Melee)
    Noodle, BM Hunter (Ranged)
    Kaira, WW Monk (Melee)
    Artula, MM Hunter (Ranged)
    Izune, Rogue (Melee)
    Sallyjo, Ret Paladin (Melee)

Reserves (Players who can’t sign up every week due to other commitments)
    Dentorm, PR Warrior (Tank)

Please continue to sign up and inform your fellow guildies to check this topic out. As you can see, we still need more. Quite a few important ones too ;).

Profile photo of Shell
    Shell
    Keymaster

Alright, I’m not convinced it’s smart of me to sign up for this but what the hell, you need heals and I GOT HEALZ (holy priest, in case you’ve forgot because I don’t log in enough atm). Technically have a badly geared ret/prot pally too but I’ve no idea how to play her, if you want to give me tanking lessons Alaunus I’d certainly give it a wallop.

Once a week is more than enough for me, the two we were doing before was too stressful!

Nights…Fridays and Saturdays are a definite no from me, any of the others I could make work and arrange stuff around. Though Thursdays is fortnightly lowbie PvP (which I am going to get people back into).

When we eventually pick an official night (or nights) I’ll update my old forum recruitment posts and whatnot to try and fill in the gaps in what we need.

Profile photo of BigDougieM
    BigDougieM
    Participant

I will put myself forward for smashing things.

BIGDOUG SMASH!!!

Friday, Saturday, Sunday are a big no from me, rest of the week doesn’t matter just need advance warning to make it my game night.

Have cleared it all so will offer what little wisdom I can offer.

Happy to step out when other players would like a chance at raiding but if you’re raiding I’ll make it my game night anyway and pop on to check the situation.

Profile photo of chenevare
    chenevare
    Participant

I’m in with any of my lot … Tue/Wed/Thu are generally ok … weekends mostly out as I’ll be travelling to visit my partner dan sarf! (down south in a southern accent) from the wildlands of the North!. Will be the occasional one …

Too many chars to mention – mostly deePssss with two tankies and a healer somewhere! … DT mostly, but other chars available on request! (Booking fees reasonably cheap!)

DT

Profile photo of Darkgrunge
    Darkgrunge
    Participant

I’ll join!, I have quite a few 100’s I can play on now 🙂 I have my MM ranger, Paladin (either Ret or prot) and my Shaman (Either Ench or Resto)

Profile photo of Thindra
    Thindra
    Participant

1) Do you want to become a Goosette, if yes, state your class and spec (+ offspec if you got one) with which you wish to sign up.

Thindra
    Mage
    Frost

2) What is the best day(s) to raid for you (Raids will always start at 20.30 ST and last till 23.00 ST)?

I dont really have a best day :/
    The best day for me is when im free from work 🙂 (Working shifts)

3) Can you raid once or twice a week (Take in account that it’ll probably be once a week but if the interest is there for twice, we have to know)?

Some weeks yes, some weeks no also depends on my 4 kids if they poke for my attention 😉

Well can not really say since i dont have a dwarf at all among my characters 😛

Profile photo of Schnibs
    Schnibs
    Participant

Yeah ive got a prot/ret pally which ever is needed also a mage if we need some more ranged dps

The best days for me are Tues/Wed/Thurs

I should be able to raid twice a week

I don’t have much of an argument being the bland human I am

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.